No 4WD; No dash light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

97 EB, 102k miles. Recently got some snow and I switched over to AWD. Dash light came on and all seemed right with the world. Can't say I ever felt 4WD engage but perhaps the road did not warrant it? A few minutes later, the light goes out and now I cannot engage any of the 4WD modes. Dash light checks fine at start-up, checked a few fuses (one in dash and one under hood) - nothing popped.

Any ideas?

I put on a set of shocks not long ago and do not remember engaging 4WD since then, but possible that I loosened a plug-in somewhere on the undercarriage that worked itself out of the socket?

I also just noticed a small fuel leak in the fuel filter area (left rear just forward of the rear tire.) Is the fuel pump in the same area; perhaps that is the leak? Anyway, too much snow on the ground to fix today but is there a 4WD connector around there that does not like fuel and shorted?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1