no A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acrbill

Reaction score
I just picked up a 98 Expedition and realized that the A/C does not work.

I'm pretty sure the compressor is engaging, since the engine reacts when I put the switch to a/c.

Neither of the a/c lines under the hood gets cold.

I put the rear a/c on, and took off the access panel on the rear drivers side. The lines and block were ice cold.

That is what confounds me.

I did a search and found some mention of the blend door when the front a/c didnt work.

I cant see how that would effect the lines from getting cold.

Any insight would be greatly apprciated by me and the poor salesman I might just kill for selling me a car with broken a/c.

Thanks in advance!

Chesterfoxes

Reaction score
If the compressor is running and the lines aren't cold/sweating, no flow through the front system. TXV (thermal expansion valve) in the core might be stuck shut. This valve opens and closes according to the cooling load on the system.

Paul

OP
OP
A

acrbill

Reaction score
Turns out it was the compressor. I noticed that it was cycling on and off. I figured the system was low on freon and caused the compressor to act up. I'm glad the dealer techs are smater than me!

Glad I got it fixed...... Just in time for fall and winter!