No dash, parking, or brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

royalet

Reaction score
my 1998 expo was recently broken into, they ripped the tv unit out of the dash, now i have no dash lights,, no parking lights, or brake lights, all i have is headlights. I had to put the rear corner lens back on , they ripped that off as well,, any help is appreciated

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you check the fuses? Look up in your manual to see which one goes to the rear lights. If that's not it, maybe a wire was damaged when things got ripped out.
I'm sorry to hear that you got broken into. Not only do you lose the things out of your car, but glass is expensive to replace. When I got my expy broken into I spent a little over a grand just replacing the glass. Then I didn't have any money left to replace the 2k dollar system that got stollen.

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Two possible issues that I can think of:

-First the fuse. If they cut wires, one of them probably grounded out causing the fuse to blow. Check both locations if you have them.

-If the radio was replaced, a common error that novice installers make is connecting the ground of the radio to the turn-on of the dash/parking/internal lights that also illuminates the factory radio.

Good luck and sorry about the theft.