No more chrome on the 15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbirdsvt

Reaction score
I just picked up this truck about a month ago and it's first stop had to be the body shop to get rid of all that chrome. I know lots of folks talk about painting over it, so I just thought I'd share what we did. I actually really like the pearl Ford puts on these trucks, and it looks hot when the sun hits that Ford emblem in the front. And for the back, I plan to go back over the emblem with an overlay, I just haven't fully decided on color yet. We also smoked the taillights while we had it in there.
IMG_20170406_093314.jpg IMG_20170406_093428.jpg

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Nooooo! What didn't you like about the Chrome?!

Iflyos

Reaction score
That looks awesome! I've been thinking about dechroming my '08..this might have pushed me over the edge

mjomorgan

Reaction score
So did you paint the front grille? or use vinyl? same for the rear chrome?

I have a silver ingot 16' and I am thinking of covering the chrome with the darker metallic gray that is already the grille and rear trim.

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just picked up this truck about a month ago and it's first stop had to be the body shop to get rid of all that chrome. I know lots of folks talk about painting over it, so I just thought I'd share what we did. I actually really like the pearl Ford puts on these trucks, and it looks hot when the sun hits that Ford emblem in the front. And for the back, I plan to go back over the emblem with an overlay, I just haven't fully decided on color yet. We also smoked the taillights while we had it in there.
View attachment 19902 View attachment 19903
Nice. I like it.

Personally I'm a fan of chrome. Real chrome that is. The plastic chrome on my expy drives me batty.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I always thought that vehicles with black-out trim, especially those done by their owners, look like beat-up manufacturer’s test mule vehicles.

My two cents.........

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s not matte black Plastidip, so I’m a fan. I’m also not a chrome fan, so it makes sense to me. Especially the fog light trim being blacked out.
Now you just need to ditch those headlights to match the rest of the truck. A set of blacked-out projectors with some pearl white accents would fit the bill perfectly IMO.

Iamsam1117

Reaction score
Is there any after market headlights that for a 2015 even?

It’s not matte black Plastidip, so I’m a fan. I’m also not a chrome fan, so it makes sense to me. Especially the fog light trim being blacked out.
Now you just need to ditch those headlights to match the rest of the truck. A set of blacked-out projectors with some pearl white accents would fit the bill perfectly IMO.
Is there

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great OP.

looks nice but I will never understand why people black out their tail lights

They do it for the same reason most people tint their windows; they like the look. Personally, I like them tinted, but not completely blacked out. At my age though, I wouldn't do it on my 3rd gen unless I significantly upgraded the bulbs. The stock tails aren't bright enough to maintain full visibility with tint.