No Right Side Audio - BT/USB only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiseguy54

Reaction score
I've been having an issue for a few weeks where the audio from the phones is only coming out of the left and center speakers. When we balance the sound all the way to the right side, it cuts out entirely. Faded 100% left sounds the same as if the slider is completely centered. The glitch ends there though, as FM and SiriusXM both play perfectly out of all speakers.
- This occurs with multiple phones, both android and apple, so it's not a phone-specific issue.
- Plugging in the USB cord and playing through android auto does not help.
- Music files on a flash drive have the same issue
- Stereo vs Surround has no impact
- Sync 3 has been upgraded from build 19205 to 20204 (latest available from Ford)

I did do the Naviks hard wire aux seen here, but didn't think that would be the issue since the issue impacts the bluetooth connection also. However at this point the only thing I can think to test is ripping that module out and maybe the cyanlabs upgrade to 3.4. Fallback is one dealer has a 12 week wait and the next closest one has a 6 week wait. Any other advice?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been having an issue for a few weeks where the audio from the phones is only coming out of the left and center speakers. When we balance the sound all the way to the right side, it cuts out entirely. Faded 100% left sounds the same as if the slider is completely centered. The glitch ends there though, as FM and SiriusXM both play perfectly out of all speakers.
- This occurs with multiple phones, both android and apple, so it's not a phone-specific issue.
- Plugging in the USB cord and playing through android auto does not help.
- Music files on a flash drive have the same issue
- Stereo vs Surround has no impact
- Sync 3 has been upgraded from build 19205 to 20204 (latest available from Ford)

I did do the Naviks hard wire aux seen here, but didn't think that would be the issue since the issue impacts the bluetooth connection also. However at this point the only thing I can think to test is ripping that module out and maybe the cyanlabs upgrade to 3.4. Fallback is one dealer has a 12 week wait and the next closest one has a 6 week wait. Any other advice?
You checked fuses and rebooted the Sync system.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is just and educated guess, I have not used the navins thing in the expedition, but I did in an Acura MDX.

I would say something is wrong with a RCA connection or RCA wire. (Or maybe even internal to the navkins) The sat and fm are internal to the sync system so they work fine but the Bluetooth has been routed through your new device.

Since you say there is no right audio I would test that cable and see if it has continuity. Also you may try swapping the left and right channels temporarily to see if the right plays audio now and the left is dead.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
W

wiseguy54

Reaction score
So I had a chance tonight to get the dash back apart, took out the naviks module and tested without it...BT worked both sides. Plugged it back in, BT worked both sides...must have been a loose connection in one of the harness because the RCA cables are only for the aux-in feed. Hopefully it's not a recurring issue, thanks for the input. I didn't realize the BT feed would go through that harness also.