Noise after motor turned off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snownow

Reaction score
New to the forums so Hi, and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I have a 2013 Expedition, there seems to be a high pitched noise coming from the engine compartment after the motor has been shut down. intermittent, and happens a few minutes after it has been turned off. It sounds like a pressure leak of some sort... any suggestions as to the cause? Dealer is having a hard time solving the issue... but no surprise there.

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New to the forums so Hi, and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I have a 2013 Expedition, there seems to be a high pitched noise coming from the engine compartment after the motor has been shut down. intermittent, and happens a few minutes after it has been turned off. It sounds like a pressure leak of some sort... any suggestions as to the cause? Dealer is having a hard time solving the issue... but no surprise there.

Hi snownow,

Welcome to the forum! I'm Todd, the official Ford rep. around these parts. I'd like to loop in your regional customer service manager, who'll work with your dealer on a solution. Please PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Todd

OP
OP
S

snownow

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll send you the info. The dealer claimed they were not able to replicate the problem... even though it happens nearly every time the motor is shut down. I'll also post a video link showing the issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carloss0712