optimum EDGE settings for best mileage???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01exp4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which setting on the Edge Programmer gets the best mileage?
1?
2?
3?
Custom shift points?

40eastvp

Reaction score
#1 is fuel saver mode
#2 is Towing
#3 is preformance mode is requires 93 oct. or better
hope this info helps.

OP
OP
01exp4x4

01exp4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
#1 is fuel saver mode
#2 is Towing
#3 is preformance mode is requires 93 oct. or better
hope this info helps.

Thanks!

Looking for real world proof. I know what the instructions say but when I called edge, the guy told me #3...

Well, I want to hear what other Expy owners with 5.4 say.

What is the best Edge setting and what is your mileage????

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I thought that #1 was "trans only" which does nothing to the engine settings, it just firms up the shifts.

I've had mine on 2 since I got it. The only tweak I made was to bump up the shift firmness a few points.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my lev 1 is also just trans only and level 2 seems to be the best.... and average 11.5-12.1 mpg

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I leave mine on level 2 ..not sure what I'm going to run once I put the small snow tires on :(
seems to give me the best MPG level 3 cost to much in fuel $$$ it would have to get alot better MPG to even the Difference in price of gas.

40eastvp

Reaction score
I thought that #1 was "trans only" which does nothing to the engine settings, it just firms up the shifts.

I've had mine on 2 since I got it. The only tweak I made was to bump up the shift firmness a few points.

Question for you I leave mine on setting 2. How did you adjust your shift firmness? I read the owners book but My edge dont give me the option to customized things.

OP
OP
01exp4x4

01exp4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Question for you I leave mine on setting 2. How did you adjust your shift firmness? I read the owners book but My edge dont give me the option to customized things.

You do a custom program when it asks, "customize, or something like that".
Then you can adjust 1-2 shift, 2-3 shift etc.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
level 2 works well for me most likly because i can't keep my foot out of it when im on level 3 and the cost of premium gas don't help

OP
OP
01exp4x4

01exp4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
level 2 works well for me most likly because i can't keep my foot out of it when im on level 3 and the cost of premium gas don't help

Have you adjusted your shift points?

I noticed the converter locks up at 45 mph... Kind of annoying since the speed limit is 45 and it goes in and out constantly...