Optional gauge "transmission temperature" dissapears!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do you get the transmission temps in the first place? Can’t find that setting in my 22 Timberline w/ the 4a screen.
There is a tranny temp gauge but it doesn’t show exact tranny temp. And I found the gauge indicator doesn’t even move (at least unnoticeable for my eyes) between 190 and 210. I purchased an Ultra Gauge MX to read the exact temps of Tranny and Engine coolant.

ElectrifyCLT

Reaction score
There is a tranny temp gauge but it doesn’t show exact tranny temp. And I found the gauge indicator doesn’t even move (at least unnoticeable for my eyes) between 190 and 210. I purchased an Ultra Gauge MX to read the exact temps of Tranny and Engine coolant.

Yeah, this is really what I meant. I know how to cycle the gauges but really those are just "middle is in operational range" and not actuals. Would love if that was accompanied by the actual temps below the gauge, kind of like the DTE under the fuel gauge

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, this is really what I meant. I know how to cycle the gauges but really those are just "middle is in operational range" and not actuals. Would love if that was accompanied by the actual temps below the gauge, kind of like the DTE under the fuel gauge

There is no way to show exact numbers unless you use Forscan, which may (or may not) void some factory warranted items. By adopting the Ultra Gauge, there is no risk to void any warranty.

JJ7686

Reaction score
2022 limited 4A and have same issue. Seems nothing can be saved in the system (gauge, drive mode, etc…).

I can also say the soft in my Sync glitches fairly frequently. What I notice with the glitches is that Mach-E options/settings show up.

Marginally better system than the sync in the 2011 explorer limited I had.

Shakeandbake

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to read the actual temperature in degrees?
Bumping the question again.. How do I get the readout in degrees on the 22+? I also see on my VIN's part list that I have an external trans cooler.. so I'd be interested to see if that's doing anything.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bumping the question again.. How do I get the readout in degrees on the 22+? I also see on my VIN's part list that I have an external trans cooler.. so I'd be interested to see if that's doing anything.
You would have to use FORScan and an OBD2 scanner. You can set the temp numbers to show above the gauges. Not sure if it works for 2022 and newer. You can Google it or look in the FORSCAN thread here.