Ouch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Came around a corner too hot today and hit a curb.
Tire prob is toast? Only 4 mo old, and i never buy warranties cause I’ve never needed one.
I’ll prob need to find a rim and check alignment too. b2999d72d2280479cad09ba2a92d91f6.jpg

2007 Ford Expedition Limited
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dah90

Reaction score
Ouch! That looks like it was a hard hit! I did damage like that to a previous vehicle once. Only it was because I hit a huge pot hole. Ended up needing a rim, tire, and alignment. It was just shy of a $600 repair for me if I remember correctly. That was on a VW though.

Last edited:

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Son of a gun. The tire is toast for sure. That gouge is too risky.

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Big cost for alittle common sense. Or lack of...

Mistakes like these are expected with young people..

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Both the tire and wheel look fine. That's not enough damage to bend an OEM wheel and the part that crumpled is not even touching the tire but I would break it down and grind that part away just for looks and to get a better view of it and the tire, and as for the tire; it's not leaking or bulging so I doubt if any cords were damaged and there is no strength in the rubber itself so it just looks like it's compromised. Personally I probably wouldn't dump any money into it depending on how it looked after closer inspection.

OP
OP
Shantheman73

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Curb jumped out in front of you. Not your fault. Least that what my wife's excuse was. :shrug:

I swung wide to avoid a parked car and instead hit the concrete sewer drain part of the curb. I’ve seen this same concrete drain instantly deflate a tire when another neighbor scraped it. I spose it could’ve been worse. As hard as I hit it...if i was driving a car...there would be a lot more damage.

[emoji51]

2007 Ford Expedition Limited
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk