p0355

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vette1091_99

Reaction score
I just had my code read by Autozone for my 2000 Exp with 86K miles. The code read P0355. Igniotion Coil e/Primary/secondary circuit malfunction. He also told me Cylinder 5 misfire detected. I am trading this in and do not want to spend a dollar more than I have to. What should be the first thing I replace? Should I just go purchase the coil and replace that? Please help, your assistance is totally appreciated.

Thanks

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There could be a few reasons why the coil is going. How many miles?

I had a coil go bad, but it was because the coolant hose was leaking on it. Apparently there is a TSB on this, but the TSB is not a guaranteed fixed for it never occurring again. The reason I know because the very same coil went bad again for the same reason.

If the engine obviously sounds bad, it'll be difficult to trade in. The cost at the dealership to replace the coil and associated hoses (for me) was quoted $660 parts and labor (ouch).

Maybe you can just replace the coil which I think is $120 in parts.