Painted 20" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lam396

Reaction score
Has anyone painted the 20" wheels black or a charcoal color. Just got our '19 and like the wheels but thinking they might look better painted. Thoughts or pictures to share?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone painted the 20" wheels black or a charcoal color. Just got our '19 and like the wheels but thinking they might look better painted. Thoughts or pictures to share?

I’m interested in this. I’ve seen other vehicles use plastic-dip on the wheels. Sounds like a nice idea, as it can be removed (as long as you use a thick coat) quite easily if it looks horribly wrong.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Here are a couple of photos of my black 20" OEM wheels. I had them coated with PVD Black Chrome.

img_0990-jpg.28451
img_0989-jpg.28450

expeditiondriver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those wheels look great. As do the tires. What is the cost for PVD coating like that on the wheels? What size are those tires?

OP
OP
L

lam396

Reaction score
The pictures aren't coming through for me. Anyone else?

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those wheels look great. As do the tires. What is the cost for PVD coating like that on the wheels? What size are those tires?

Bought them as a 2nd set of wheels for my snow tires. Bought them from Detroit Wheel & Tire which does PVD coating on OEM wheels. The link below shows a price of roughly $700 for a set of 4 wheels if you return your stock OEM 20's to them. Typically they would ship you the new wheels first and then you could ship your wheels back to avoid a delay.

https://www.detroitwheelandtire.com/2020/all-models/hol-10143-black-pvd.html