Pedal Commander on 2017 EB EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean_Dean

Reaction score
I have started to notice the hesitation recently, interested to see if there is a reset that can be done or ....

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Nope. DBW is a non issue for me regarding "delay." I hear (read) of "delay" in the late DBW versions of my little Honda S2000 roadster too but can't detect it there either.

On the opposite end my wife's Subaru 3.5R flat 6 literally leaps forward when the throttle is just tapped. The opposite of delay. Maybe because I instinctively mashing the pedal in my other DBW cars?

-- Chuck

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just to clarify, it is not the nature of DBW that adds delay, it is the tuning that adds delay.

Chuck, I am sure your wife’s Subaru has an Electronic Throttle control, but has less if any delay programmed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

txracer16

Reaction score
If your experiencing throttle delay try resetting KAM(keep alive memory). Has to be done with a scan tool but resets learned values back to zero. I don’t feel it and I’m pretty sensitive to throttle response.

All the Pedal Commander does is fool the PCM to open the throttle body sooner, don’t add power or could improve mileage in any way. You think you might have more power because the throttle is now open more for a given pedal position so if your used to only giving let’s say 1/4 throttle for normal driving it now is giving 1/2 at the throttle body. It does change the throttle curve slightly, idle and WOT are same value. Nothing else has changed and I’ve verified this on a Ford IDS scan tool. But you might like the difference, but I can’t see spending money on something you can achieve by pushing the accelerator pedal more.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your experiencing throttle delay try resetting KAM(keep alive memory). Has to be done with a scan tool but resets learned values back to zero. I don’t feel it and I’m pretty sensitive to throttle response.

All the Pedal Commander does is fool the PCM to open the throttle body sooner, don’t add power or could improve mileage in any way. You think you might have more power because the throttle is now open more for a given pedal position so if your used to only giving let’s say 1/4 throttle for normal driving it now is giving 1/2 at the throttle body. It does change the throttle curve slightly, idle and WOT are same value. Nothing else has changed and I’ve verified this on a Ford IDS scan tool. But you might like the difference, but I can’t see spending money on something you can achieve by pushing the accelerator pedal more.

No need for a scanner a scanner just make it easier.

It is the same as spending money on a performance clutch, adjustable clutch cable, or aftermarket quadrant on a manual transmission car. Or paying extra for a lighter trigger on a gun.
The delay is always there with the factory setup. Sure you can minimize it with a reset but it is still there. Sure you can just push the pedal more but you still aren't achieving instantaneous acceleration which some folks want.
I am not interested in a tune or more power but certainly would enjoy more responsiveness especially in some offroad situations. Not a huge deal with simple street driving but worth a couple hundred bucks to me if it actually works.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the issue with keeping it connected?
Not like it plugs into an ODB port or one that you need to plug other things into from time to time.

bauer4567

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a good deal on the pedal commander. I went with the SCT? I think it was called with the 5 star tunes. I’ve been happy with it... real good power gains and quicker throttle response. Other than that, I can’t say it’s better than the next tuner... but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett