piece of crap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by jsbaker
What the hell is wrong with these people?

I think it coes down to greed.
For every informed customer who refuses to get taken to the cleaners, there are 10 more who have no idea and just drop the coin without question.

IMHO these are the same folks who then trade their cars in every few years "because it's cheaper to get a new car than to keep fixing mine"...without realizing that:
a) 90% of their maintenance costs were't necessary
b) a little bit of preventive maintenance (before things break) is way cheaper than fixing things AFTER they break

In this regard, web forums are great to help inform people.

jsbaker

Reaction score
I think it is greed. These idiots obivously think I am stupid. I got it back today with an estimate. They were trying to charge me double down to the penny what the parts cost at the local auto supply. I mean $75 for a ball joint and $154 for a control arm is outrageous. To top it off they wanted $502 for labor, I still have not figured out how it all added up to $1251.00 but looks like I will be pulling out the factory service manual and doing it myself.

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by jsbaker
looks like I will be pulling out the factory service manual and doing it myself.

A service manual will pay for itself many times over. With proper instruction, you'd be surprised how easy many repairs really are.

DaveS1955

Reaction score
The window regulators on the 03 control the window and the inside door handle. I had the driver's side replaced approx 250.00 at the dealer and the rplacement broke at the door handle and had to be replaced under the parts warranty when the inside door handle flew off.

I am convinced that the reliability of the 2003 Expedition is as good as the Preventive Maintnenace that goes into it. I have had a few problems with mine but nowhere near the problems I have had with GM or others. BTW, my 03 was purchased within the first three months of the model year so I have one of the early ones.

A perfect example is the tires. After I bought my Expedition with Continental tires everyone I talked to said they had to replace the tires before the vehicle had 25,000 miles. I rotated the tires every 5K and balanced every 10K and my orginal tires lasted over 77,000 miles (I had one flat during the 77K). When I replaced the tires the vehicle had just passed a state safety inspection but since I was going into snow country for a couple of weeks I wanted something better than "good for inspection". Heck, the serentine belt on my Expedition was still in one piece when I had it changed at 103K.

Later

Chris

Reaction score
On my truck I have also replaced all 4 window regualtors in my truck. Finally a good thing for extended warranty which is a piece of crap!! 100 ded. on each door plus shop fees!

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my windows up front on passenger and drivers squeek when they roll up and down. is this a sign of bad things to come? or can i fix this with some graphite spray??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev