Are these symptoms of the CDF drum isue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KFordEx8

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you

do you get the shudder when accelerating or braking at the 3-4-5 gears?
Accelerating or under a light load like uphill or towing. Braking, the downshift is harsh sometimes.

I just got it back after valve body service. If it does it after relearn phase, then it’ll be CDF drum replacement time. My local dealer has been really good so far. Just need to go through the steps in the TSB.

There are a lot of these tranny’s in service and not all have issues.

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took my 2018 (92k miles under Ford ESP warranty till 100k miles) to dealer in November to fix shudder, which occurs when moving vehicle at idle speed either forward or reverse, going up an incline, while turning. I suspect this is a rear differential limited slip differential issue. Had a Ford mechanic ride with me who confirmed condition.
Received a call from dealership that issue is transmission, and that it would take 30-60 days before they could open it up to review. Called last week for status update after vehicle has been 43 days in service, was told Ford did not approve warranty due to intermittent nature of problem.
Truck also waiting to get passenger side rear seat entertainment screen fixed. Dealer replaced both screens in prior service visit, which did not fix problem. They are saying they need a harness, but are having trouble identifying the part number cable they need. My first time to report rear system entertainment system was about 11/2 years ago.
Really frustrated.
Any suggestions from forum members?

rinconmike

Reaction score
I have a 2018 platinum 4 wheel drive expedition I got in September 2018. It is my wife’s car. Had the issue with the transmission that sounds like this shudder issue. We noted to the dealer it felt like a delay when trying to accelerate. Car has 58,000 miles and we have the ESP so it is covered. Dealer looked at it and noted vehicles shifts poorly and slips. Poor third gear shift.

Dealer dropped transmission and noted issue with CDF drum. Dealer said no TSBs or SSMs came up in OASIS for this car.

Dealer replaced the CDF drum. Only other parts look to be nuts and bolts and fluid.

Dealer had the car for around three weeks. All seems good now.

Should there have been other parts to be replaced or just the CDF drum? Wondering if something else will fail.

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire