Plasti-Dip questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can get everything done with about 3-4 cans I am guessing. But I would also recommend doing extra coats. I only did enough coats to cover the silver. If (well when) I redo the rims and door trim, I am going to do at least 3-4 good coats on top of what it took to cover it up.

I did put clear coat on top of the rims, but the shiny faded off quick. I have a picture in my album somewhere of the front wheel after dip and clear.

EDIT: Here is that pic. For whatever reason I forgot to spray the lugs and center axle nut cap before taking the picture. I do not use the hub caps, so I dip all of that as well.

picture.jpg

Last edited:

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Did all my trim and wheels too. No clear coat. Been on for about 3 years. Still looks great.

IMG_1913-1.jpg

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice work guys! I had about half a can in my garage and managed to do one coat on the front bumber before it ran out. It covered the tan but there are still a few see-through areas. i need at least one more coat. Gonna buy another can tomorrow and then i'll stock up on a few more when i go down to the US next week. The price is half compared to Canada. you guys are so lucky!!

Btw, @Lane: the f***ers at Home Hardware increased the can price to 24. Grrrr

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Ouch !!! They know they have a super seller, so they can charge whatever they want. Thankfully we are close enough to the border to get some from the States once in a while.

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, going across next week. I'll check the CBSA site first. Hope there are no restrictions on individuals importing aerosol paint.

I also found a site: dipit.ca that sells it for $10 a can (plus GST and shipping), but for some reason the site doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. They don't even use https when you type in your personal info. Dunno...

BTW: Apparently Canadian Tire will start selling the full line of colors in Sept. I wonder if the price will be more reasonable or just as insane as Home Hardware

Last edited: