Possessed '05 Expy?

Discussion in '2nd Gen - 2003 - 2006' started by red-russian1, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Hamfisted

Hamfisted Full Access Members

That is not an OEM key FOB. It looks like a "Code Alarm" remote start key FOB. Does the Expy have a remote start installed ? Probably an aftermarket alarm system as well. That opens up a whole new bag of electrical worms. I would ditch that whole system and try and get it back to stock. Does the door keypad still unlock the truck ?

This is an OEM key FOB :
    [​IMG]

2. red-russian1

red-russian1 Member

I just Googled it and it does look like a dealer installed code alarm system. And yes, it does have remote start. So what are my options, as far as tearing everything out? Would I have to go back to using the key to unlock the doors or what is there for keyless remote? We're hoping to pick up a new Edge here shortly so the expy will be our secondary backup vehicle.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

3. Hamfisted

Hamfisted Full Access Members

Probably stereo shop or previous owner installed. Does the door keypad still work to lock/unlock the Expy ? You'll have to look up under the glovebox area and find the module for this system and see how bad they hacked up the stock wiring harness. If you're not comfortable with it, see if there's any stereo shops that do alarms in your area and ask them to help you out. They would be familiar with the brand.

4. MrSticker

MrSticker Full Access Members

I would call that fob OEM. Its identical to mine (2003XLT). I bought the vehickel new from Dealer and they installed the remote start for me. It came with an official vehicle security/remote start FORD branded handbook too so I'd call that OEM? Manual says it uses "Power Code Technology"
    IMG_0861.JPG

This doesn't smell like a remote start problem, but I dunno. I agree with the water leaking suggestions and those folks named the likely suspects. Gotta check those. Water is the enemy for a house and a vehickel.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    red-russian1 likes this.