Possibly buying 2006 EB - Need all advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

electro

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I posted in an introduction in new memeber section.

My name is Ryan (electro), I'm from Ontario, Canada and im here to check out this fantastic forum and learn some sweeet stuff! :rockit:

Im currently looking at a 2006 Eddie Bauer Expedition.
Truck is blaaaaaack with 220 000 km/136 000 miles on it.
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Ford/Exp...18445925_ON20090209111156074/?showcpo=ShowCPO :33:

Im currently driving a 2002 Suburban LT 5.3 4x4. :mfr_omg:
Previously 2001 Tahoe LT 5.3 4x4.

What I'm looking for response wise is a heads up on common repairs, suggested maintenance, mechanical upgrades/improvements, and just general shtuff that I hope you would be so kind as to share with a rookie.

Thank-you!! :love51:

Happy Halloween and Happy posting.

ps :fishing1:

Last edited:

uberlinuxgeek

Reaction score
Rust, you need to be watchful for sure about the radiator support up front. I purchased one not long ago and it is in Bad shape, found out here about the issue. The dealer that I bought it trough is going to replace at no charge. But it can cost up to 1k to get fixed. If it rusts to bad the whole assembly will drop and cause lots of problems. Another area to be watchful of is the rocker panels above running boards, this is cosmetic, but troublesome if you want repaired.
Another issue I ran into is intermittent display in the information center for miles and ect, as well my 4x lights do not work, but 4x is working (another issue with gauge panel), if you have, again my dealer is going to repair, issue with cold solder joints that even plagues the F150s.
Oh, and I found out can be very expensive on 3v motors for plug replacement, compared to the 2v 5.4, with those miles, might want to check if has been done already, some people forget maintenance.

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, be careful of paint bubbling on the tailgate and hood.

kawi_200

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just push every button and play with everything. My steering wheel controls are acting finiky. Make sure to drive on the highway and test the cruise control button. It is one of the most used buttons so it will wear faster. Typical things on any car to look for is the inside of the tires, dealers will try to hide inner wear. Check the fluids, see if they are clean or dirty. Check both heating and cooling on the seats (if it has the option)

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you really want to seriously lift your SUV/Truck. Gen 2 is the last model that you can purchase a suspension left greater than 3". Due to the IFS/IRS suspensions and lack of purchase of these kits, many companies stopped designing/producing lifts for these trucks..
:head3:

blue oval guy

Reaction score
make sure HVAC system functions properly. blend door actuator failure is common and will cause hot air from vents even when dialed to full cold. It's nice to see you are joining the Blue Oval camp and switching over from the bowtie boys.