PPF on Pillars & Keypad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patterrr

Reaction score
I can't stand how soft the plastic is on the door pillars, so I'm scheduled to get them all polished and wrapped in paint protective film. However, it just occurred to me, does the keypad on the driver's door still work okay with the PPF applied? I know many of you have done this so hoping somebody can chime in.

I'm also having the chrome trim wrapped in black satin (my expy is a black stealth), and was hoping to do the pillars with the same black wrap, but realized that it wouldn't be possible to see the keypad through it so that brought me back to PPF.

Midnight451

Reaction score
My appointment is next week. Installer insists ppf won’t interfere with the keypad.

OP
OP
P

patterrr

Reaction score
I dropped the car off today and my installer said the same. I should get the car back tomorrow or Friday at the latest so I'll let you know!

Chris Vessey

Reaction score
I have a limited & want to black out the chrome pieces under the windows, where the keypad is along with the rear chrome “EXPEDITION” piece.

Has anyone removed & painted those or is PPF the solution? Can you share a pic of the black PPF?

dtaylorfd

Reaction score
20200725_134746.jpg Has anyone replaced this back pillar, removed this pillar or have a part numbers for replacement?

Long story short, a kid sprayed bug spray on the pillar, and tail light, and somehow the spray damaged both after being in the sun or interacting with the plastic.