Pre-Runner Front Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VooDooRacing750

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey I am looking at getting a pre runner bumper. Where can I get one from and what am I looking at spending?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
real bumper or just a bar like walnuts? cause a real bumper can only be as big as your wallet since its most likely custom made unless you want a prefab bumper. what kind of bumper you looking for? plate, tube?

OP
OP
VooDooRacing750

VooDooRacing750

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea I was thinking about one like walnutz but I cannot decide where I'ma go with the truck just yet. I was looking at some random Expy pics and ran across that one with the whole pre runner front end looks like for a F150. I am now seriously considering doing it. You can get just the fiberglass fenders for around $450, or you can get a whole 1 piece for around $800. Is it true that from the frenders forward the Expy is pretty much F150? If so, then i can just get the fenders, take the bottom of the chrome bumper off, make me a skid plate, and attach the pre runner bumper. Do they even sell a whole pre runner bumper to replace the stock one?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
like this? http://www.dixonbrosracing.com/content/view/13/3/ this is the kit im going to get one day. but that bumper they sell too. and yes. from the dash forward it is the same. the doors are different sizes though. so you can get a 1 piece clip or just the fenders. its the same. i want to get fenders and make my own bumper since i want a hidden winch and do some other stuff with it too.

OP
OP
VooDooRacing750

VooDooRacing750

Full Access Members
Reaction score
exactly. I think it would look pretty sick! Im not going to do the whole suspension, but I think it would look mean

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i just have that site favorited. haha but yeah i want it. one day. once this come my project expo! haha but that bumper allows you not to cut off the "horns". the horns are those pieces of frame that stick out when you take the bumper off. most people cut them to allow the bumper to be flush. i was going to cut mine, but decided since i want a winch that im not going to do that.

OP
OP
VooDooRacing750

VooDooRacing750

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im going to be doing it more for show than actual use. I live on the beach here and you would def get noticed rolling around with something like that, plus we have a car show every weekend around here and I'd like to do that with it.