Pretty funny slash awesome security feature...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Curious how far this goes, given the fact that for example so many parts are shared between Fiat Chrysler vehicles and others, I really like this idea.

With FordPass, it would be even more awesome if we could initiate something like this remotely, with a delayed effect. Meaning, to prevent someone from maybe being rear-ended, give the driver a warning sound and display a countdown on Sync3, that the car will go into secure limp mode in say 60 seconds (so pull the hell over). This is very similar to what police were often doing in bait cars.

Dodge's New Update For Chargers, Challengers Limits To 3 HP (jalopnik.com)

I've personally seen how easy it is for folks with the right equipment these days to snoop and duplicate key fobs. And there have been a lot of reports of them being shipped offshore to have their cryptographic libraries copied, only to have duplicates shipped back.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Be careful what you ask for..... Seems like law enforcement, lenders, and auto insurance companies wouldn't be too far behind in wanting this control over people's vehicles as well. Heck, repo guys would love such a feature as well.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Geo fencing linked to vehicle operation is already a thing. The most simple feature I would like is the ability to set off the alarm via ford pass. Example 3am my Ring camera system woke me to a people detected notice. Guy snooping checking for unlocked cars!

I had to grab my keys to set off the alarm. By random chance I had both my key and my wifes car key in the bed room.
I set off both cars and my ring siren at the same time. Pretty sure the guy dropped a
Load in his shorts as he booked it down the street. Best of all PD had been called by another neighbor and they rolled up on the guy as he was sprinting down the street.
They got him for 4 car breakins

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Be careful what you ask for..... Seems like law enforcement, lenders, and auto insurance companies wouldn't be too far behind in wanting this control over people's vehicles as well. Heck, repo guys would love such a feature as well.

I hear ya, but ultimately it should be the owners choice. i.e. think insurance claims that you'll save a bunch if you let us monitor your driving. Same thing with my idea, as the owner, I would have to grant them access to it, and if I do its on me. But as with all technology that starts with good intentions, companies and people alike find ways of abusing/taking advantage of it.

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Geo fencing linked to vehicle operation is already a thing. The most simple feature I would like is the ability to set off the alarm via ford pass. Example 3am my Ring camera system woke me to a people detected notice. Guy snooping checking for unlocked cars!

I had to grab my keys to set off the alarm. By random chance I had both my key and my wifes car key in the bed room.
I set off both cars and my ring siren at the same time. Pretty sure the guy dropped a
Load in his shorts as he booked it down the street. Best of all PD had been called by another neighbor and they rolled up on the guy as he was sprinting down the street.
They got him for 4 car breakins

That's funny and crappy (maybe literally) at the same time. But exactly, the capability is there. When my Expy was pilfered less than 90 days after buying it, I would have loved to have something like the Fordpass app being able to notify me if a door was opened without the fob or my phone nearby. I was getting ready to wash my car when a ******* rolled up and randomly checked my drivers door. Stole several things out of it while I was inside finishing up a call. If my phone had notified me the door was opened without me nearby, I would have likely grabbed my FNH friend and ran outside. BTW, I'm pretty sure the thief noticed that the side mirrors weren't folded in, almost a dead giveaway these days that the car is unlocked (again, would be cool if the mirrors would fold in when the FOB is out of range).

Likewise, if you could set fordpass to notify you immediately (or text/sms) on a schedule. If a car door opens between 10AM and 6AM, notify me immediately, stuff like that would be sweet. Same with our previous discussion on people stealing catalytic converters, notify me if the vehicle motion sensor triggers without fobs nearby.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Doors should auto lock, horn and lights blaring and self drive at 3 MPh to nearest police substation.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If everyone can drive with a bomb in steering wheels, why can't a gun be mounted in driver's seats to kill unwanted divers? Slaughter by remote control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni