Putting Platinum Seats in a Limited?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm curious If anyone has read of or thought of putting a set of Platinum seats in a Limited? I know the massing might not work, but whatever. I'm just wishing the seats in my 302A were more "hugging" like the ones in my wifes Navigator. I've never even sat in a Platinum seat before, but after my last Wisconsin to Miami road trip, I was finding my azz sore from the flat as a board seats in the limiteds.

When I bought my 302A, I couldn't find a Platinum to actually sit in, so I had no clue they had better seats. So I guess I should ask if anyone thinks the Platinum seats are any better than the Limiteds seats?

By glancing at them, they appear to maybe fairly easy to swap, but obviously I'll have to do a LOT more research on this before I try it.

Any thoughts, suggestions, etc? I'm a little concerned about the airbags in the seats working properly, so I really don't want to disable the airbag if I can avoid that for obvious safety reasons.

I know it'll be an expensive swap, but Its far cheaper than trading mine as I'll probably keep mine 8 more years and I've got mine set up just how I want it and has 125K mile warranty on it and sway bars and stuff.

RussD89

Reaction score
Another option might be a good interior shop to re-cover what you have, and they can swap the cushioning and shape of the base and/or back. Might be cheaper, or not, but would be more custom than going with plat seats.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another option might be a good interior shop to re-cover what you have, and they can swap the cushioning and shape of the base and/or back. Might be cheaper, or not, but would be more custom than going with plat seats.

Good thought! I did that to an old car and it worked perfect. These seats are just flat as a board once you sit in a Navi seat....

AmpForE

Reaction score
Platinum seats have the massaging seat option that’s messages your butt for the long trips. I’m guessing the Platinum seat will fit but you may have trouble getting the massage part to work.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Platinum seats have the massaging seat option that’s messages your butt for the long trips. I’m guessing the Platinum seat will fit but you may have trouble getting the massage part to work.

Agree and wasn't super concerned about the massage part itself, just was looking for a more contoured seat. The limited seats are flat as a board once you sit in wifes Navigator seats in comparison. I never noticed it until I rode in her car.

I'll go to a dealership and take pics of all the wiring harnesses and stuff. Hopefully the airbags aren't an issue...

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking at pics online, the Platinum seats appear identical to the Limited seats. Maybe I was right when I thought the Platniums only added massage feature to the same seat..... As in not any more contoured....

newusername

Reaction score
can't compare to the Limited seats but i find the ones in our Platinum extremely comfortable and the seats in my 2017 F350 Platinum are the same and we've done ton's of long distance multi day trips comfortably - the massaging function really helps.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you don’t care about the back rub. Maybe look for a set of Raptor seats. They may have to much side bolster for you. But they are really comfy, especially the Recaro ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking at pics online, the Platinum seats appear identical to the Limited seats. Maybe I was right when I thought the Platniums only added massage feature to the same seat..... As in not any more contoured....
I think the seats themselves on the Plattys are exactly the same as the other trims, structurally. But they obviously have the added massage feature as well as upgraded leather. I do not, however, know whether the upgraded leather also comes with more padding.

AmpForE

Reaction score
Agree and wasn't super concerned about the massage part itself, just was looking for a more contoured seat. The limited seats are flat as a board once you sit in wifes Navigator seats in comparison. I never noticed it until I rode in her car.

I'll go to a dealership and take pics of all the wiring harnesses and stuff. Hopefully the airbags aren't an issue...

My Limited seats were fine for a 10 hour drive, but everyone is different, the Platinum seat with the massage would have likely addressed your complaint.