Rear air shocks with rear air ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Kenny Brown

Reaction score
Well, I'm just trying to keep the Expy from sitting on rear tires when the air ride leaks out in the cold.

OP
OP
K

Kenny Brown

Reaction score
Bump stops?

That sounds like a good idea. I think I heard my wheel rub right fender before. Never heard of them til this forum though. How do I find out what ones to use?

FordMan13

Reaction score
Bump Stops

I would let the truck down see where you could mount Bump Stops first . Then measure the distance of where you could mount them vs. where they would rest. Look at Energy Suspension they have a ton of different shapes, lengths, colors, etc. And by using them they are poly so they will last longer then normal rubber ones. :)

OP
OP
K

Kenny Brown

Reaction score
Plan B. I'm looking to replace the air ride with a coil kit. I have been told that I need to determine the drop of the front coil in order to determine the size coil for the rear to get a level ride. I need to know what the ride height from top dead center of the wheel well on a stock 4x4 97. Can anyone help with this one? I'm running 265/65/17's. Ride height is now 32" at the front wheel well...

Last edited: