Rear Audio Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott Andrew

Reaction score
I bought a used 2003 EB X. Today I tried, to get the rear audio controls to work and noticed that the two rear speakers weren't working. I'm thinking that the two problems may be related. When I press 3 and 5 together, nothing happens and I don't get the headphone icon on the display. I've adjusted the fade control with no luck. The front speakers and the rear subwoofer are working fine. I know of another person who has this exact same problem in his 1999 X.

Any ideas?

cappy

Reaction score
Does the Rear controll head light up? The rear harness may not be connected, or may be shorting. Pull the head unit and make sure all the wires are connected, and then open the doors to make sure those wires are connected. . . assuming theres actually speakers in there. If evrything looks ok throw a multi meter on them and check the ohm load (Should be 8 ohms) if less or if its not consistant you have a short and may need to re wire, or have someone else re wire the system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65