Rear Door Child Safety Locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pacpark4

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced problems with child safety locks on their Expeditions? I have a 2000 XLT Sport Appearance Package Expedition. When I lock the doors, it sometimes activates the child safety lock, (moves the switch), especially on the left rear door. Any advice on how to solve this problem other than taping the door lock switch in the unlock position?

rednvegas

Reaction score
I have the same problem..they lock on there own. I have come to find sometimes when someone tries to open the door before I unlock all the doors it sets it. For a while I thought it was when I hit remote unlock to many times ..if anyone can help with this I am all ears.

I have a 01 EB

3 NAILS 1 CROSS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i cant believe this came up! for the last 6 months mine have been on hte blink too . in fact there has been alot of yelling going on due to i keep thinking my seven year old keeps pushing the lock down. he keeps saying its not him. i have never heard of the child safety lock being electrnic or connected to the door locks. so this is news to me. and answer alot of ?'s if its true.

if they are connected i would think a simple fix is to just unplug them. well i hope we see more response on this mystery!