Rear Fog Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed the rear fog light icon in my cluster (type 3 - from fusions) did the expeditions ever have rear fog lights from the factory or no? If so what switch did they have amd where were the lights located. I’d like to add the switch if possible like you can in the gm’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed the rear fog light icon in my cluster (type 3 - from fusions) did the expeditions ever have rear fog lights from the factory or no? If so what switch did they have amd where were the lights located. I’d like to add the switch if possible like you can in the gm’s.

Ditto.... following

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score

What year is your Expy? Do you have a pic of the dash showing the rear fog icon? I added a rear fog to my 2017 using the wiring that runs from the dash to the trailer socket under the rear bumper(I don't tow anything). If you are looking for a really bright rear fog look at this website. https://www.speedtechlights.com/LED.../z-4-tir-led-surface-mount-warning-light-head I put that one on the rear bumper cover on the driver side. I have the rear fog wired to the same switch for my Hella front fogs,

OP
OP
Anthony DeVor

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s the type 3 cluster like the fusions have - the light does not light up though in the bulb test through engineering mode.

The attached pic is of a ford fusion cluster but i have the same cluster. The only difference between the two clusters is mine l has P R N D M, not P R N D S. But in the lower left corner the lights are: side lights (marker lights), fog lights (front), rear fog lights (what i want to add), I don’t know then next because I don’t have that light either (i assume it’s auto lights) and then the abs light.

So i want to know how the ford fusions activated the rear fog lights and if there is a way to do it on an expedition unless the only thing that relates the two is the light in the cluster.

ae95ee48e966754a8bdffd34abedeb79.jpg

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anthony - One thing that comes to mind is Ford sells cars all over the world. Rear fogs are common in Europe, but not here. Could be that the car is "wired" for it but all the parts are not installed. I had a 2001 Audi S4 that had rear fogs but in NA it was only an extra bulb in one taillight - the drivers side I think. I added the bulb to the other side and all worked fine. I am betting a Fusion sold in Europe has the ability to have rear fogs. Good luck with your search. Most Americans following you will think you are resting your left foot on the brake. o_O

OP
OP
Anthony DeVor

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn’t use it in the traditional sense like you would outside of North America being red lights - I would use it to control Rear pod lights or something to that affect.