Rear hatch window hinge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DD31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My rear hatch glass is a bit floppy. Looks like the hinge pin is worn. Has anyone done a repair to the hinge rather than buy a new one @ $60? Looking for any experience or ideas before I tear it apart

OP
OP
D

DD31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I tore into one. They aren't easily serviceable. In order to get the pin out you have to drill out one side of the hinge. The hinge itself wears out. The pin was fine. So I enlarged the hole for the pin and put in a larger piece of steel for the pin. In time I might put a new hinge on, but $60 seems a bit excessive

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are a wear item and they wear out eventually. I had to replace both glass hinges on my 05 at about 11 years old. They had cracked right where the screw through the glass goes into the hinge. If you take them off to repair them, check for cracks in that area before you spend a lot of time on them.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to add, the $60 dollar price is a good price for hinges. I paid $82 a piece for mine. You can only get them from the dealer.

Andy