Rear Radio Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sammy

Reaction score
We just got our 2018 Expedition that we ordered on Monday. Finally converted my wife over to driving a Ford. She is coming out of a 2011 Tahoe that had rear radio controls and our son could plug in headphones and listen to a different source than we were listening to over the car speakers. So if we were listening to the FM radio he could listen to a CD or whatever. I saw the rear radio controls in our new Expy and just figured it worked the same way. We have a Limited with the Sync 3 but don't have the built in DVD player and screens. It now seems that those rear radio controls are just that. Is there no way to hook up headphones so kids in the back can listen to a different audio source. I just assumed it would work with Bluetooth headphones since I didn't see the headphone jacks like the old Tahoe had. Surely the 7 year old Tahoe didn't have a better radio than the new Expy does, or did Ford drop the ball on this one.

Secondly, why would you want the second row passengers to be able the change the radio stations, source, volume...
I dont know if you ever found the answer.... I did so I'm sharing.... I had the same issue with my 2019. Heres how I took care of it: remove the dual cup holder directly above the rear controls. Not very hard to pull it off. Can't break anything, so pull with force. That will give you access to the rear part of the controls. Then simply disconnect the plug directly behind the radio control module. That's it. Takes 2 minutes. It won't affect radio functionality.