Rear Seat Entertainment Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mulrich

Reaction score
It’s been a while since this thread was active but I would gladly pay for this functionality.
The more we use the RES the more I dislike it. I don’t know how this system ever made it past QA checks.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s been a while since this thread was active but I would gladly pay for this functionality.
The more we use the RES the more I dislike it. I don’t know how this system ever made it past QA checks.

Agreed! I'd be interested at the $400-$500 price point. I suspect the same system will be installed in the new 2020 Explorers as well. Hopefully Ford gets the message and has a hardwired audio solution for the RES.

mulrich

Reaction score
We still love the Expedition but still hate the RES. I wish there was more interest in this solution (or that we had just bought an iPad and bluetooth speaker instead of the RES).

OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I can get 20 people signed up at $500, I will make it happen.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sign me up.
I’m actually researching this myself.
My end goal is to have it perform exactly like the QX80 does (from the factory). But coupled with a motion-lockout override module.

I want to able to operate EVERYTHING regardless of whether or not my truck is in motion. I want all three screens to be able to play the same media simultaneously with the audio hardwired into the B&O system.
ESPN game day for the whole family to watch on the way to the tailgate spot.
Oh and while I’m in there the autostop eliminator will definitely be added.

mulrich

Reaction score
Looks like there was interest but maybe not 20 people (we're definitely on the list). I wonder if the negative reviews just deterred people from buying the RES.

Mothnuts

Reaction score
I’d be game at $500. The RSE is the #1 thing my wife hates about her Expedition compared to the Tahoe she had before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1