Rear Seat Interior Lights - Trick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its really easy once you know what to do.., don't try to swap out the visors lights, I've tried and broke the glass and a wire... Its not worth it...

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Good tip!

I think I see how to do the front center map lights...but I will post up if I run into an issue! Thanks for the help...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright...is there a trick to getting the rear seat interior lights out. Trying to swap to LED.

c6681755991f1575429f5bf44340dcc7.jpg

There doesn’t seem to be any obvious tab. This is the Driver side. I can see a tab on the right, that is hook in, but nothing on the left to pop...?

Looking for the trick.

Thanks!

No offense intended Loki, but this question came across a bit like Einstein asking for help with shoe laces. I mean, here we have a guy who dances through ECM/PCM issues with ease, and is foiled by a piece of clear plastic.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No offense intended Loki, but this question came across a bit like Einstein asking for help with shoe laces. I mean, here we have a guy who dances through ECM/PCM issues with ease, and is foiled by a piece of clear plastic.

HaHaHaHa!

Dude, trust me I did not want to ask! The rear one was a piece of cake! Did the puddle lights too. It was ******* me off too much. If I broke it, the wife would not be happy!!!

TheFordFortress

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I have switched my front map, back seat, and rear tailgate bulbs out to LED, it appears even when the lights are “off” that there is still a very, very dim output that I can see in the second row leds...has anyone else seen this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I have switched my front map, back seat, and rear tailgate bulbs out to LED, it appears even when the lights are “off” that there is still a very, very dim output that I can see in the second row leds...has anyone else seen this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a normal trait of cheaper LED’s.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Loki, which LED's did you go with. And do you and the wife like them?

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Loki, which LED's did you go with. And do you and the wife like them?

These:

Partsam 16PCS White Interior LED Package Kit + License Plate Light for Ford Expedition 2007-2016 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013WQG228/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_6hD.Cb7MY9V6V

They are bright, but Not too bright! I like them so far. Wife is still up in the air. They definitely caught her by surprise tonight, but it was really nice being able to see everything!

MuddySpokes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is your lighting system the self-dimming kind as they turn off? If so, how are the LED's handling the voltage dropping to zero?