Rear view camera monitor not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EmergencyExpo

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a 2008 Expo Limited. The back up camera monitor seems to be messed up. When I put it in reverse the monitor comes on and you can still see the green and red lines but its really dark and scrabble. It did this a few weeks ago and I unplugged it and left it that way overnight and plugged it back in and it didn’t make any difference. Then a few days later I giggled the wires when it was on and it came back to normal. Well it has messed up again and nothing seems to help it now. Any ideas on something I should try or do you think it's just fried? It's kind of important to me because I back into my garage and I have 2 small children and I want to use every precaution I have!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sense you wiggled the wires and it come back on...theres your prob...its shortening out somewhere...prob just the video wire...so it may be coming unplug...or circuit is being interrupted by being crimped...under warranty still? take it for them to fix...you could take the inside tailgate off and see if you can see anything...worth a shot if warranty has expired

OP
OP
E

EmergencyExpo

Reaction score
No, its got 164k miles so no more warranty. But on the plus side, it just started working again today. I dont know how for how long, but it's good for now.