Recomendations for Wheels & Tires for 33's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arbetrader

Reaction score
So my expedition has 275/65/18's with Goodyear duratracs, and at full rotation they actually rub against the fender liner. Not sure if the fender liner has loosened or lost it's shape a bit because of this rubbing... Has anyone else noticed this? These are only the factory 32" size, however they do have lots of knobbies and they have the side grip too which probably actually makes them wider

Mikezr

Reaction score
Got a 2010 and I can tell you that they will take a 35 inch tire. Not saying your gonna have any fender clearance left but they do fit on. That said I cant tell you which tire is best but I can tell you which tire I wouldnt go with and thats a dick cepek tire. Not overly impressed with them at $450+ each

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got a 2010 and I can tell you that they will take a 35 inch tire. Not saying your gonna have any fender clearance left but they do fit on. That said I cant tell you which tire is best but I can tell you which tire I wouldnt go with and thats a dick cepek tire. Not overly impressed with them at $450+ each

What exact tire size are you running? Wide or skinny tire?

Jason Rhea

Reaction score
I'm considering the ICON stage 1 or 2 system. Max tire size is 33" with no cutting or bending.

Are there any recommendations for the best wheel and 33" tire size combination?

The goal is to improve over-landing performance for up to medium difficulty trails. (no rock crawling planned).

Thanks in advance.
Icon is the best there is on the mkt for the Expy. Make sure you do the full pkg control arms and all. 35” General X3 will be almost true to size and are by far the best off road tire on the mkt.

Mikezr

Reaction score
Running a 12.5 wide tire. Dick cepeks. Only issue I ran into was the very edge of the tire caught on the end of the power running board and I think that's only because my bracket was bent and the running board stuck out more then it shouldve

arbetrader

Reaction score
So my expedition has 275/65/18's with Goodyear duratracs, and at full rotation they actually rub against the fender liner. Not sure if the fender liner has loosened or lost it's shape a bit because of this rubbing... Has anyone else noticed this? These are only the factory 32" size, however they do have lots of knobbies and they have the side grip too which probably actually makes them wider

Okay quick update, I put on 18" F150 wheels, and took off the Duratracs (too noisy). In their place I put on Michelin LTX AT/2 265/70/18 - they actually were almost an inch taller. The do NOT rub as much as the shorter Duratracs. I believe it's in part due to the side lugs that the duratracs have; along with them being slightly wider.

OP
OP
2015owner2015

2015owner2015

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Icon is the best there is on the mkt for the Expy. Make sure you do the full pkg control arms and all. 35” General X3 will be almost true to size and are by far the best off road tire on the mkt.

I just went for thr stage 1 without the control arm. Im also going for some 17" rims and 33" tires so got to watch the budget.

My thinking is that ill be sticking to easy trails for now and i mostly want to make the ride more tolerable for longer trips and that this setup will be a huge improvement over stock. I could add the control arms later.

Oz-Arkian

Reaction score
Okay quick update, I put on 18" F150 wheels, and took off the Duratracs (too noisy). In their place I put on Michelin LTX AT/2 265/70/18 - they actually were almost an inch taller. The do NOT rub as much as the shorter Duratracs. I believe it's in part due to the side lugs that the duratracs have; along with them being slightly wider.

How are you liking the 265/70/18s? Thinking of getting 275/70/18 Michelins this week.