recommendations on shocks ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2002 xlt 5.4. 98,000 miles. 2wd. Shocks are wasted. Stock suspension. Use expy as daily trans. No off road use. I would like to hear what has worked for you all in the community. I am leaning towards pro comps based on local input. Anything better out there?

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2002 xlt 5.4. 98,000 miles. 2wd. Shocks are wasted. Stock suspension. Use expy as daily trans. No off road use. I would like to hear what has worked for you all in the community. I am leaning towards pro comps based on local input. Anything better out there?

98k miles and shocks are toast? Im new to an Expy and im used to cars having 150k miles with still very good shocks

OP
OP
S

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
toast

I am like you as well. Most of my experience is with cars. I have had shocks on cars go for 150k. My expy was bought used and i believe that it towed something now and then. This might explain the shortened shock life.
I go over several speed bumps daily. I watch the headlights bounce several times after i clear the bump. I have another suv that reacts to them with a more solid feel. Both suv's are without air ride suspension.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my Rancho RS9000 shocks. The fact that you can adjust them to your liking is great. I'm sure that I'll be even happier once the MyRide controller is installed so that they can be adjusted from the drivers seat.