Rectangular 2nd Row Ceiling Vent - Replacement Help Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HomeFixer

Reaction score
The air vent above the 2nd row driver's side captain's chair is broken and needs to be replaced. I have the new part aka vent, but do not have any clue how to begin exchanging the broken one with the new one. I've searched youtube and can only find videos of how to replace the round air vents (which I have done twice now due to children). Any advice would help? Thank you, JL
Vent Pic.jpg

Attachments

• Vent Part Pic.png
    Vent Part Pic.png
    360 KB · Views: 23

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have a trim tool set ? One of those L shaped tools to depress the plastic clips that lock it into the headliner is what you need.
Or, since you are replacing the entire piece and don't care if you break it any more, a small putty knife around the perimeter will work to either depress or break off the retaining clips and allow you to pull it out of the headliner.

Trim Tool Kit on Amazon

Expy Roof Vent 01.jpg
Expy Roof Vent 02.jpg

Bocce3

Reaction score
The air vent above the 2nd row driver's side captain's chair is broken and needs to be replaced. I have the new part aka vent, but do not have any clue how to begin exchanging the broken one with the new one. I've searched youtube and can only find videos of how to replace the round air vents (which I have done twice now due to children). Any advice would help? Thank you, JL
View attachment 77502
Can you tell me the part number for this? I need the black one but can't find the one you provided in the screenshot. Also, did you figure out a way to replace it?

yeahyeahbut

Reaction score
I found it was easier to pop off the side closest to the door. Once I got it out, I found out why. There are some tabs on the side closest to the sunroof that lock in on the louver tabs. I was able to get it off with my hands. I pressed inward on the outer edge of the louver frame and worked the door side edge out of the frame. Once it was completely clear of the frame, I pushed up on the inboard side of the louver frame while rotating it out. Nothing broken.

Attachments

• IMG_5376.jpeg
    IMG_5376.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited: