Refinishing 2nd row captain's seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kep5niner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Restoring my months-old 2003 EB, I can finally get to some of the more detailed write-ups. The seats were in pretty bad shape, and both front seats were easy enough to reupholster with matching upholstery from the eBay. The second row captain's chairs were not as easily sourced, so I went with Color Bond's factory-matched upholstery paint, procured from Amazon for about $10 per can. I've used this process about 10 years ago on a 2001 F250 Platinum, and it holds up great. I'm very pleased with the finished product today!

I only needed to address the Light Parchment on the 2nd row seats. Existing seat bottoms:

IMG_4641.jpg

IMG_4642.jpg

Paint prep. This was left over from a decade ago.
IMG_4644.jpg
IMG_4645.jpg

Taping off the Medium Parchment portion, as well as the seat backs (typical both sides):
IMG_4646.jpg

Finished results on the following post.

OP
OP
kep5niner

kep5niner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finished results:
IMG_4647.jpg
IMG_4648.jpg
IMG_4649.jpg
IMG_4650.jpg

It's not exactly perfect, but for $10 and about 2 hours of my time, I'm very satisfied with the results and would recommend this process to anyone!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire