Removing roof rack from 2017 Ford Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordexpylvr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am purchasing a 17 Expy and the specs say it’s an inch tall than my 07 which will be a problem for me as it won’t clear my garage door . Has anyone removed there roof rack or cross arms and if so how did you do it

crector080862

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that there's just two bolts on each Corner that you need to remove and then it should just come out you'll have to plug the holes to seal it from water

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

crector080862

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sure I wouldn't get rid of it save it and put it back on when you sell her

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Ford your 2007 Expedition is 77.3 inches in height, the 2017 is 77.2 inches in height. You will be fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fordexpylvr

fordexpylvr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
  • Well thank you I hope so but the one I am buying is a EL. I hope I am ok as there’s only about a quarter in before hitting the bottom of the garage door

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
  • Well thank you I hope so but the one I am buying is a EL. I hope I am ok as there’s only about a quarter in before hitting the bottom of the garage door

You know the opening height of the garage door can be adjusted, theres a stopper on the garage door opener itself that allows for the door to open up and additional couple of inches if needed, it'll still closes all the way down.

OP
OP
fordexpylvr

fordexpylvr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks I will check that out by someone that knows more than me lol