Replacing 2015 Limited Seats with Lariat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkNJ77

Reaction score
I have been looking around and I can't find too much on a solution. I just bought a 2015 Expedition Limited with 62K miles. They seats are very uncomfortable for an extended trips. I was looking into what many have said they preferred the most and many said that they like the F-150 Lariat the most. I looked at some pictures of them and they look very different and possibly much more comfortable. I understand that the look may be changed but I am planning on keeping this truck for a long while. Before I go on a search to sit in a 2015 Lariat, is it possible to switch these seats, namely the drivers seat?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why are the seats uncomfortable for you What? What year f150 are you looking at? The seats on all f150s except the 4th gen expy and 13th gen f150 are different, so they may not fit if your looking at 12th gen(09-14my f150). Not too long ago, I drove a 15 nav and the seat was extremely comfortable, though the seat bottom was a bit too short and the seat didn't go back as far as I'd like. Try one out if you can, or the platinum trims brunello seat, which is also extremely comfortable.

OP
OP
M

MarkNJ77

Reaction score
They seat bottoms are just very stiff. I used to sell Ram 1500's and those are the most comfortable seats I have sat in. Compared to those, these are very stiff and yes short. Maybe the shortness it what's making it the most uncomfortable. I was looking at the '15 Lariat seats that people have seemed to like a lot.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may need to talk to a ford mechanic or interior person because im sure those f150 seats are too big for the third gen expy platform. The platform for that gen f150 is a lot larger and wider than the 3rd gen expys and the seat tracks are different as well.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you considered stopping at an auto interior shop if you have one close by?
Maybe they can customize your seat profile and/or foam density.