Retrofit headlight and tail lights - DIY (OE Platinum LED version to XLT)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan Cranford

Reaction score
Yup he had the diodes pointing the wrong direction in the housing. Simple fix if he had read the instructions

I just installed the DD SL1 and have this same issue. What do I need to do? I read the instructions. Do I need to make sure the diode is adjusted to completely vertical? I didn't check that before install. Why would they be angled by default?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just installed the DD SL1 and have this same issue. What do I need to do? I read the instructions. Do I need to make sure the diode is adjusted to completely vertical? I didn't check that before install. Why would they be angled by default?

Yes they should be at the 3 and 9 o clock position. I’m trying to find a video DD put out about adjust them

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Everything should be good to go out of the box, but yes they should orientate just like the factory bulbs....plug is down and diodes are left and right. My guess is that you dont have them fully seated in the housing. I know mine were a complete pita to get in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zanwahwarden