Rock sliders for the EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found a shop. He's going to make some sliders & a set of 4 steps that bolt to the sliders so when I'm away from the city I can remove the steps for greater ground clearance. I will be returning to him on April 8 & post pics when all done. Since it's a custom job it's expensive but not $6000 expensive as "world famous 4x4" and $7k to line-x the sides. No labor time estimate or labor rate or materials cost provided.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I found a shop. He's going to make some sliders & a set of 4 steps that bolt to the sliders so when I'm away from the city I can remove the steps for greater ground clearance. I will be returning to him on April 8 & post pics when all done. Since it's a custom job it's expensive but not $6000 expensive as "world famous 4x4" and $7k to line-x the sides. No labor time estimate or labor rate or materials cost provided.
Take notes please.... I'd love to build something like this but don't have much time.

OP
OP
Munkiebunz3

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh I was talking about the other guys. This guy quoted me all that & was reasonable especially considering my custom requests.
I asked for a weld/bolt on hybrid. Something that would be functional but easily replaced/repaired if I kink them somehow.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh I was talking about the other guys. This guy quoted me all that & was reasonable especially considering my custom requests.
I asked for a weld/bolt on hybrid. Something that would be functional but easily replaced/repaired if I kink them somehow.

That is a plus.
Once I get around to mine I’ll have plates with studs welded to the frame that way the sliders can be bolted on so they are removable.

OP
OP
Munkiebunz3

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Black yes I've been debating the strongest way to mount this hybrid way. Like a slip on/in style like how hitch receivers are done or bolt on like wheels. Maybe a slip on with a bolt base?

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That would be great to see. I'm looking for the Same thing being from same neck of woods as you might be interested in the same shop if works for you.

OP
OP
Munkiebunz3

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ao tge shop name is Six Gun Off Road. I got them done for $1200. Right now I don't have the lower steps attached because he did a negative ladder look (inset lower step) which makes them useless for anyone with a size 10 or smaller shoe & those people are the specific reasons I got the lower step added... But it looked great!
So anyway we removed the lower steps (took 8 minutes for all 4) & he's going to modify them. I was originally quoted about $800 for just rails. Once I get the steps reinstalled I'll take more pictures.
20190416_093330.jpg

Last edited: