Rooftop Tent for 2 adults 2 kids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Rhea

Reaction score
Hey guys I am in the market for a rooftop tent for family overlanding fun. Anyone have any recommendations on tent and flat roof rack? Also looking for info on swing arms for moving the spare to the rear of the truck to free up space for other items. Thanks

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rear spare tire carrier is a custom rear bumper build. Find a good fabricator and expect to drop a couple grand.

As the rooftop tent, check out this site: https://www.adventuredriven.com/ford-expedition

I don't see where they mention any specific brand for the rack or tent but you might be able to surmise something from the pics and videos.

Grover6

Reaction score
check out rigd supply for a hitch mounted tire carrier, or wilco offroad. Rooftop tent options are extensive. Look at Tepui, CVT, Treeline, iKamper, James beroud, smittybuilt. Lots of options, mostly based on budget. Racks are similar, like ExplorerTom with eeziawn, there is rhino rack, forerunner, and a few I can't think of right now.

Cterrebl

Reaction score
@ExplorerTom It doesn't look like Eezy Awn has a kit specifically for the Expedition. Can you tell me what you ended up using? Looking to do the same thing.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is my roof rail on my 2000 removed with the K9 rail in its place. I’ve had this EeziAwn rack on 3 different vehicles.
0ABE3876-F12D-4801-A85E-F483233813E8.jpg

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani