Safety Recall 24S06 - Certain 2018-2020 Expedition/Navigator - Inadvertent Retractor Pretensioner Deployment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
*** This is an Advance Notice. This post will be updated when additional information becomes available ***

Safety Recall 24S06 - 2018-2020 Exp-Nav - Inadvertent Pretensioner Deployment - Advance Notice...jpg

Supplemental information on involved component(s) from 2018-2020 Expedition Workshop Manual:

Airbag and Seatbelt Pretensioner Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) - Overview

The Restraints Control Module (RCM) continually receives and monitors inputs from the Occupant Classification System Module (OCSM) and various other hard-wired switches and sensors. If the RCM detects a sudden vehicle deceleration and/or lateral deceleration based on the information received from the various sensors and determines that deployment is necessary, it applies voltage and current to deploy the appropriate SRS components.

Seatbelt Pretensioner - Restraints Control Module (RCM) Wiring Diagram - 2018-2020 Expedition.jpg

Seatbelt Anchor and Pretensioner

The seatbelt anchor pretensioner is a pyrotechnic device that removes excess of webbing slack from the seatbelts when deployed. One is included as part of each front row outboard seatbelt assembly and cannot be serviced separately.

Seatbelt Anchor and Pretensioner - LH B-Pillar - 2018-2020 Expedition.jpg

Seatbelt Retractor and Pretensioner

The seatbelt retractor and pretensioner is a pyrotechnic device that removes excess of webbing slack from the seatbelts when deployed. The retractor and pretensioner are serviced together with the front row outboard seatbelt assembly.

Seatbelt Retractor and Pretensioner - LH B-Pillar - 2018-2020 Expedition.jpg

FordParts.com System Illustration

Front Seat Belt Pretensioners Illustration - FordParts_com.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up, 99WhiteC5Coupe.

I have added references to this Advance Safety Recall Notice in those two other Forum discussions.

I have also edited Workshop Manual component descriptions and illustrations into the original post, above, to improve Forum member awareness.

Last edited:

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting that 2020 models were rolling out so early in the year while 2019's were still being built. Mine was built in August of 2019 so apparently not affected by the recall. I did check the VIN against Ford's recall site and nothing listed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire