Shocks for lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kjhawkeye1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Morning. I have the spacers for a 2.5"/1.5" lift for my 2011 EL. My confusion is about the shocks. The only Bilsteins that appear to fit my '11 are the 24-197717 (B6 4600 fronts) and 24-197724 (B6 4600 rears).

Does this sound right to everyone? Other than Ranchos, are there any other shocks that don't cost an arm and a leg I should consider?

Also will the above mentioned shocks give me plenty of travel with the lift? I don't beat my truck up and take it off roading.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Morning. I have the spacers for a 2.5"/1.5" lift for my 2011 EL. My confusion is about the shocks. The only Bilsteins that appear to fit my '11 are the 24-197717 (B6 4600 fronts) and 24-197724 (B6 4600 rears).

Does this sound right to everyone? Other than Ranchos, are there any other shocks that don't cost an arm and a leg I should consider?

Also will the above mentioned shocks give me plenty of travel with the lift? I don't beat my truck up and take it off roading.
You’ll lose travel no matter what shocks u use bc of the spacers

Aces

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shocks alone won’t give you more travel. An aftermarket upper control arm (icon, camburg, etc,) will increase your travel some but we are limited by the factory geometry. Without going long travel the most we can hope for is about 8-9 inches.

As far as shocks, if you’re serious about off roading just save your money. I’ve made the mistake of buying cheaper then regretting not getting better and then working my ass off to afford the better.