Should I Do It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i was going to tint mine, but i just put on the covers that nvy gave me. i also bedlined those. i think they should be darker, so later they will get some black paint. the covers give me that black look i want, but you can still see the red lenses and lights. i do want to tint my 3rd light. but im going to add some red lights on to my rack on the corners and amber on the front. just so people can see when im turning cause i know sometimes people cant see!

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can see other peoples brake lights just fine, not if you paint them black like that clown. I dont understand some of you guys, then you wonder why you get pulled over:shrug: And if you have other lights that are normal then why paint the other ones black lol

It looks really really good to some people. And if i DO do them I'm only going to put one or two layers. I don't want them "blacked" out, just a little darker. Gives it a mean look

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you do it...get LED tails 1st...the halogen bulb may not be bright enough during the day...i screwed mine up when i tinited mine...they were chrome and i wanted to smoke them...screwed up so i had to black them out...glad i did but it couldve been better...get some from the junk yard for practice then do it or pay...mine were IPCW LED tails...you could see when i brake with no probs with the LEDs...these are the same tails...the blacked out tails were originally chrome...i replaced them with a new set of IPCW LEDs...i'm going to pay to have them blacked out...

IMG00071-20110227-1402.jpg

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would personally go with nite shades tint spray its a very good product (used on my previous car) and if you clear coat the lenses and then wet sand them they look even better. personally though I think having your corner lenses blacked out makes the truck look kinda ugly, I work at a gas station and i see alot of people with tinted corner lights and it takes away from the good look (unless your truck is black or white). Only other thing I think you should know is sometimes for some odd reason that spray makes the lenses warp and blister. I know it sounds weird but we used that stuff on my buddies Mustang GT, his lights warped and buckled inward. I wish I could figure out why it did that to the lights

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get them professionally done. Google "Jons Tinted Tails", the guy does a killer job and they'll look a million times better than with a spray can of VHT.