Side vent window "fell out", Where to buy replacement ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad my insurance plan on all our vehicles includes complete glass coverage and zero deductible on glass....so I don't have to worry about things like this....

Plati

Reaction score
Over the weekend I went window shopping at the local Salvage yards, bought the window from one, it will be Tues. or Wed. to get it out of the truck. I'll let you know how that went Thurs. or Fri.

The idea of a mixing nozzle on the epoxy is to do just that mix. How well it mixes is another question. If folks had made use of this setup (if it becomes necessary, there is still a chance the Salvage yard will remove the whole window frame and all) I would like to know how it worked.

If I was sitting on a pile of money I could "just go to an auto glass shop and say "can you please fix this" and get it done". No pile of money - no can do.

This is where "Know how knowledge" is so valuable, once learned it can be used over and over again. Welcome to the school, it does take a little bit of time to ask but helping each other is how stuff gets done. How many go to U-tube to find out how to do something, it works because folks share. I got the door code because someone shared the technique of aiming a phone camera by the fuse box and clicking away until the factory sticker could be read. Is going to a Ford dealer and paying $$$ money for the same information better?
thanks for the followup. yes, i figured you wanted to save ca$h. always good

on the mixing ... i've used those and the ones i've used don't mix, just meter quantities
it's shown on the video that goes with ad & includes a wooden mixing spoon. update** I see the mixing nozzle now, didnt before ... never knew they had that, still would mix by hand **

would love to know more about the "aiming a phone camera by the fuse box and clicking away until the factory sticker". never heard of that ... any info?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lee_H

Lee_H

Reaction score
OK, today (Wed.) I picked up the window. The Salvage Yard (T&E Auto Wreckers, Avenel, NJ) took out the whole window, frame and tossed in the motor as well. The close up is what failed on the vehicle, the two glue spots just stop gripping the window. Now this weekend I'll have to start removing the plastic trim around the window and get the old frame out. Any advice on the clips, I usually try to work the trim piece with a small screwdriver but perhaps there is a better way or tool to use..???KIMG0516.JPG KIMG0511.JPG

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get a nylon tool (spoon). Usually comes in a kit for removing clips, plugs, etc. Won't scrape the paint off the metal. Screw drivers are not for this purpose. Amazon or local Walmart or parts store. Usually very inexpensive

Plati

Reaction score
Get a nylon tool (spoon). Usually comes in a kit for removing clips, plugs, etc. Won't scrape the paint off the metal. Screw drivers are not for this purpose. Amazon or local Walmart or parts store. Usually very inexpensive
Yes ... something like this
https://www.walmart.com/ip/4-Pry-Ca...MIzrf61L7u6wIVE4bICh3ZUwmrEAQYAiABEgIzufD_BwE

the canadian border agents used something like that when they went through my Expy with a fine tooth comb on the way into canada. when they got done i asked them if they found my spare wallet and i wanted to make sure it was still there. kinda pissed the guy off, oops.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"the canadian border agents used something like that when they went through my Expy with a fine tooth comb on the way into canada. when they got done i asked them if they found my spare wallet and i wanted to make sure it was still there. kinda pissed the guy off, oops."

:king:

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, today (Wed.) I picked up the window. The Salvage Yard (T&E Auto Wreckers, Avenel, NJ) took out the whole window, frame and tossed in the motor as well. The close up is what failed on the vehicle, the two glue spots just stop gripping the window. Now this weekend I'll have to start removing the plastic trim around the window and get the old frame out. Any advice on the clips, I usually try to work the trim piece with a small screwdriver but perhaps there is a better way or tool to use..???

Harbor Freight. There's one in Iselin.

https://www.harborfreight.com/nylon-pry-bar-installer-kit-4-pc-63594.html

20% off too. :p

https://go.harborfreight.com/coupons/2019/08/20-off-any-single-item-at-harbor-freight/

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"the canadian border agents used something like that when they went through my Expy with a fine tooth comb on the way into canada. when they got done i asked them if they found my spare wallet and i wanted to make sure it was still there. kinda pissed the guy off, oops."

:king:

Who the heck smuggles items into Canada? And yet when we went into Canada we were at the gate for 45 minutes. Coming home they were like: "Anything to declare?" Us: "Nope." Them: "Welcome back!"

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lee_H

Lee_H

Reaction score
OK, here is the highlights of the window repair/ replacement. Opening up the interior so that the bad frame can be removed.KIMG0520.JPG KIMG0525.JPG KIMG0527.JPG KIMG0523.JPG

KIMG0526.JPG