So, Should I

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonry10

Reaction score
I have owned 3 Expys (all Limiteds) since 2007, all purchased new. I broke off when i sold my 2014 and bought a Grand Cherokee L. TOO SMALL. Cannot haul anything in the back. A Car Dealer Friend has a 2023 Demo, Limited and it's a great deal. So, should i?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Drive it. If you liked it and can get a good deal and can afford it, why not

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Youve had 3 NEW expys since 2007? Why not just keep one? They last a long time if you take care of them from the jump.

veedub

Reaction score
Stay away from 4th Gen. Ford Expeditions until they fix the transmission issues. I’m sitting looking at a $9K transmission replacement on a 21 I purchased new. Will never buy another Ford.

OP
OP
J

jonry10

Reaction score
Well.... I wasn't concenred about if i'd like it or be able to afford it. I was wondering about potential problems. Yes, I've had three, with the last one (2014-last of the V8) with 76K on the clock, leaving my driveway in 2021. I thought I wanted to downsize. First with a new Explorer Hybrid, then a new Jeep Grand Cherokee, L. Nope. all too small. Too narrow. So, I bought the Expy. The Selling dealer is a good friend. They happened to have a new 23, loaded down, Limited. It was in the fleet and had some miles. I pulled the trigger at $59K. I immediately took it north and then, into the Thumb region of Michigan. Put about 800 miles on it. No Transmission problems. It has the extended warranty, which is what I always do. I think that this will do, just fine.

RGarone421

Reaction score
Well.... I wasn't concenred about if i'd like it or be able to afford it. I was wondering about potential problems. Yes, I've had three, with the last one (2014-last of the V8) with 76K on the clock, leaving my driveway in 2021. I thought I wanted to downsize. First with a new Explorer Hybrid, then a new Jeep Grand Cherokee, L. Nope. all too small. Too narrow. So, I bought the Expy. The Selling dealer is a good friend. They happened to have a new 23, loaded down, Limited. It was in the fleet and had some miles. I pulled the trigger at $59K. I immediately took it north and then, into the Thumb region of Michigan. Put about 800 miles on it. No Transmission problems. It has the extended warranty, which is what I always do. I think that this will do, just fine.
As I've been a Ford guy my entire life, this is not me being a fan boy. Jeep is NOT in a good spot right now, esp. with reliability. Their Grand Cherokee and L come in as one of the most unreliable vehicles on the market currently. As someone else said here, as long as you maintain your stuff, it should last long. The only problem I've had with our 19' XLT is the trans, but thankfully it's covered under warranty. Short answer - Get the Expedition, they're beautiful, comfortable, family driven trucks. We love ours as it was surprisingly my wife's dream truck.