Spacer question/problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bundy374

Reaction score
Greetings,

I have a 2017 Limited EL 4x4 that I recently installed the ReadyLIFT 3/2 spacer kit on. In addition to the spacer I also replaced all the struts with KYB complete strut assemblies.

Upon the install, I noticed that the front driver side appeared higher than the passenger side and the upper control arm was in contact with the spring at ride height. Altogether the front on both sides seemed to be higher than it should. Driver side seemed to be more of a 4” lift.

To attempt to rectify the situation, after driving it for a couple weeks and getting an alignment didn’t change anything, I removed the 3” front lift and replaced it with a 2” spacer. I also installed Icon Deltajoint Upper control arms and switched the sides of the front struts to see if one of them were the problem.

With all that done, the Icon control arms do not contact the spring at ride height but the front driver side is still approx. 1” higher than the passenger side and the upper arms is closer. In addition, the passenger rear is an inch higher than the driver rear.

I’m assuming this is not normal. Has anyone heard about anything like this or have any ideas?

Thanks.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with you Bundy, wheel spacers do make the truck look a lot better......but..............

Spacers have been shown to many of us to cause cantilevering of the wheel bearings, speeding wear...........while they seem to be popular 20 years ago, many of us did our own research and decided against it.

It just wasn't worth installing an accessory to make the truck look better, when it was going to cost you money over time.

That might be why no one has responded?

jeff

OP
OP
B

Bundy374

Reaction score
I only installed strut spacers, new strut assemblies, and the Icon upper control arms.

This, for some reason, has the front driver side higher than the passenger driver side. Same thing with a higher passenger side rear than driver side rear.

No wheel spacers and the wheels and tires are stock for now.

I guess I’ll have to live with it and hope it all comes closer over time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carloss0712