Spark plug insert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All gen owner

Reaction score
I have a 2002 XLT with the 5.4l, I had my first spark plug blowout about 8 years, and 45000 miles ago and the second one about 5000 miles later. I decided to bite the bullet and installed inserts in all cylinders. This Expedition has made several trips from Texas to Wyoming and back in the last 4 years and has had no trouble. A couple of weeks ago it blew out the #7 spark plug, I thought it was pretty odd but just marked it up to, maybe it didn't not torque it all the way, and replaced it and the coil and moved on. It started making the noise the other night when I started it up so I shut it down before it had a chance to blow it out of the hole. It seems as if the insert has worn out the threads in the head because the insert came out with the spark plug. I installed the insert with JB weld and hoping that it will hold. Is there any alternative repair or will I need to replace the head if it does not hold?