Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corbin scott

Reaction score
I just want to know if there’s a way I could swap the bucket seats and console out for a bench seat maybe from another ford? Any ideas?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
There was a cloth 40/60 bench seat available as an option on the XLTs until 2008.

Your only problem will be relocating the shifter to the steering column. Find an old steering column from a wrecked police SSV and you'll be in business. The police units had buckets but no console, so they all came with column shifters.

Good luck finding the Expedition bench seat. They weren't very popular. In 2008, it looked like they sold less than 100. One source said 16. The earlier years were a bit more common.

My 2000s at work had benches with flip down center armrests. Wish my 2008 had one. I really miss the bench.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can check some Pick N Pull yards online or in your area for earlier models that should fit right in place using the same mounting holes.