Stock overhead DVD problem !!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spicoli

Reaction score
I have a 2004 EB Expedition w/sunroof. I bought a stock overhead dvd player from ebay. It didnt come with any mounting hardware. I was wondering if anyone can help with some install info.....Do I need to purchase a seperate mounting bracket? Does the headliner have to be removed? Is my EB wired for a dvd player from the factory? Has anyone ever removed the stock unit? Does anyone have any pictures of the headliner/bracket with the dvd player removed? Sorry for all the questions, but I am at the end and am ready to re-sell the dvd player back on ebay($200)....Any help would be appreciated.....Also I know I could have bought an aftermarket player, but I wanted to keep it stock...
Thanks in advance........

Last edited:

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure on this one... I didnt get my truck with those options. I do know that when i was looking to getting a 17" drop down monitor i was told by a stereo shop that they would have to add a piece of wood or something between the roof and headliner to support a unit that big and heavy. I haven't put one in the truck so i cannot say for sure if you already have the wire bundle from the factory or not.. Hopefully somone on the forum will know.

jim74us

Reaction score
Did you ever get the answer to your question. I just purchased a stock dvd player for my 2005 expedition from ebay with no wiring harness. Did you ever install yours

OP
OP
S

Spicoli

Reaction score
No, I never got an answer...I still have my DVD player, may just go to Best Buy and have it installed for $180...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chase5817