Sync 3.4 update question on climate control buttons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tphford

Reaction score
Been reading tons on upgrading my '17 Sync 3.0 to 3.4 via CyanLabs. My one hesitation is the issue I have seen some have where the climate controls in the screen are reversed from the physical buttons. Any thoughts on this? I don't see any information about this in the CyanLabs community forum. I do see a few people here have had this issue. I don't want to upgrade and have that be an issue.

Thanks for your thoughts.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you do the upgrade it will be an issue. But it really isn't. The buttons both work, the description just isn't accurate. You don't get the settings if the system isn't active. You will still have the control you need.

Those that haven't noticed(Which honestly when we had the 17 didn't), just use the physical button and when it pops up adjust the settings appropriately. The improvements from 3.0 to 3.4 in behavior and feel FAR outweigh this one annoyance. I think any that have done the upgrade would agree.

turtle019

Reaction score
100% agree with @LokiWolf. I only noticed it while I was playing spot the difference after doing the upgrade. I haven't noticed it at all in my day to day use