Sync 4a Questions…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A few questions for those in the know on sync 4a.
1. Where is the ability to add profiles? It’s in the marketing materials but not in the latest print of the manual? Also none of the settings I can see in my screens show or suggest profiles. So that’s a bit annoying if they pulled that feature.
2. Connected apps appears as an option, but it’s greyed out to turn it on? I’ve followed instructions on it but it always shows as “not selectable” I.e. greyed out.
3. Is there a version history or log of the various OTA updates? I know what sync version I’m running, appears to be up to date, but I’d like to know what’s changing between deployments.
4. How do you disable the navigation chime at turns? I can disable the voice but I don’t like the chime either. it only gives me “voice” or “chime” as options. Especially annoying when I’m using it to monitor traffic along routes I already know.
5. More of a side question Anyone know what data source the “live traffic” is pulled from? There are several common ones just not sure which ford uses.

Thanks!

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1.) Profiles seem to have been removed from the Expedition version of SYNC 4A. They are there for the Mustang and Lightning.
2.) I don't use connected apps. Sorry.
3.) I have not looked for one. Probably not that informative if you do find one. TBH.
4.) I use Apple CarPlay for navigation. I have not had any issues with the native navigation speaking while using it.
5.) Same as above, so I don't know and never looked into it. Sorry.